2.5"/3.5"/5.25" SATA I & II to USB 2.0 cable adapter + IDE ATA-33/ATA-66/ATA-100/ATA-133 2.5", 3.5" and 5.35" UDMA IDE (PATA) Drive Adapter
The USB 2.0 to SATA Drive Adapter implements a bridge between
one USB port and one SATA or SATA II based mass storage device port. The USB 2.0 to SATA Drive
Adapter turns any standard SATA drive into a convenient external drive. Supports SATA Hard Drives from 20GB up to 2,000GB (2TB).
Easily transfer files from computer or notebook, back up files, or store large file
archives on hard drives. This is the
world's first integrated SATA to USB 2.0 single chip
solution for large capacity drives.
||IDE, ATA, UDMA, SATA I, SATA II, USB 2.0
|SATA to USB 2.0 Adapter Features:
- Dual USB 2.0 connectors
- Converts any SATA to USB via New JMicron Chip Solution
- High-Speed Data Transfer, Low Power Consumption
- Supports 480 Mbps USB
- Supports 1.5 GBps SATA
- Small enough for travel
- Red / Green LED's indicating operation
- Operating System Support: Desktop and Laptop computers with Windows
98/ME/2000/2003/XP/All Version Of Windows Vista and MAC OS X.3.6 or greater
About the New JMicron Chip Solution
The JM20337 is single chip solution to bridge between USB 2.0, SATA and ATA/ATAPI-based
mass storage device. It provides the capability to translate USB 2.0 mass storage commands to serial
ATA and ATA/ATAPI communication protocol.
Read more about this Jmicron Single Chip Solution.
- Compliance with Gen 1i and Gen 1m of Serial ATA II Electrical Specification 1.0
- Support SATA spread-spectrum transmitter
- Support SATA II Asynchronous Signal Recovery (Hot PLug) Feature
- Compliance with USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) electrical specification
- Compliance with USB Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only transport specification
- Support 480Mbps High Speed (HS) and 12 Mbps Full Speed USB Operation
- Support ATA/ATAPI Ultra DMA Mode
- Support ATA/ATAPI LBA48 bit addressing mode
Single Bit Rate:
- 1.5 Gbps/SATA and 480 Mbps/USB
- -0.3% to 0.0
- 3.3 Volts
ESD Protection :
- 2000 v
- 2 levels
- 4 levels
- 64-Pin LQFP
USB and SATA Products
- Enclosure System
- Storage SubSystem
- 2 Bay Storage System
- Backward compatible storage system
|The SATA to
USB 2.0 cable adapter comes completely packaged
with the SATA to USB 2.0 adapter converter, AC
adapter, AC power cable and Drivers on disk for
Windows 98 SE operating system.
SATA to USB 2.0 cable adapter detailed Information
The SATA to USB 2.0 Adapter is very easily connected to the SATA drive. The adapter's SATA port connection is notched for proper alignment to the SATA hard drive port. The AC power adapter as seen above is connected the the back of the SATA adapter for power to the drive for proper operation. Red and Green LED's once powered up show operation of the drive while in use. With the SATA to USB 2.0 adapter, your SATA hard drive will transfer it data via the USB 2.0 cable attached to the adapter at the USB 2.0 transfer rate of 480 Mbps, this being the limit of USB 2.0 Specs.
In working with the SATA to USB 2.0 cable adapter
converter the male to female connector was
a good tight fit when mated together. When
connected to the power supply, power up of
the hard drive was instant as the LED indicated.
The connector on the converter unit must be
aligned properly by aligning the notches in
the male connector with the female port of
the SATA hard drive before use.
Bob Boisvert...Web Professional
Serial ATA to USB 2.0 cable
adapter converter additional product images